Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Things Are At A Standstill

Still no word from my friends at The Best Cancer Hospital in the United States. (That's what they would have us believe, anyway.) I had to call my insurance company for another issue earlier today and they said no one from the BCH had called. Fabulous. My mother and one of my aquaintances here at work suggest that I need to call someone at BCH and light a fire under their lethargic asses (due to high temperatures and higher humidity levels, no doubt). I'm not enthusiastic about it because it's going to burn through hours of my precious free time. It will be an enormous hassle. I don't know...I like being in denial. I guess I'll make that decision tomorrow. Right now I have another problem.

I have an appointment in exactly an hour to check on the progress of my macular degeneration. God knows I've done everything I know to do to halt its growth. I've started eating five (yes, five!) fruits/vegetables per day. Most of them are high in the specific antioxidants that should control the degeneration. I take the vitamins they've told me to take. I quit smoking a year ago. Nonetheless, I'm reluctant to go because I am up to my eyebrows in bad news. I don't want any more bad news for a while. Is that so bad? No. I was hoping my insurance company would cause me to postpone the appontment but, for once, the insurance company is ready to pay.

Heck, just when you want them to be lazy fuck ups, they're not.