Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Getting Back in Shape...Again


This week, twenty minutes on the stationary bike, twenty minutes of yoga. I'm exhausted. I spend part of every evening, sleeping while sitting on the sofa. It reminds me a little of how morphine affected me. One minute, I'm waiting to see Steve Earle on Law and Order, the next thing I know, I've missed 10 minutes of the program.

I'm trying to get back in better condition before my December 6 appointment with Dr. Kronowitz. I want to feel better. I want my doctor to be impressed with my progress. Why? Beats me. He's not even Dr. Ross.

When I do yoga, I can feel all of the scar tissue in my body. There's a lot of it. I can also feel how all of the muscles in my right shoulder, arm, back and chest are shortened and weak. It hurts to stretch them out, but it's nowhere near as painful as the surgeries and radiation that caused it.

Only 15 more days of wearing the girdle 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.