Thursday, November 29, 2007

Working on Healing

I decided not to move up the time on my stationary bike this week. The twenty minutes of riding and twenty minutes of yoga are still exhausting. Last night I fell asleep several times while sitting on the sofa, watching television. I'm really interested in my Yao Ming book, but I'm so tired I haven't been able to read it.

The next visit to Houston is coming up next week. Yay for the end of the girdle. I'm going to have to ask him about the tissue necrosis under my left arm. I'm afraid to do that, because I'm not going to be happy with the answer, no matter what. If it's going to stay that way, I'll be crushed. On the other hand, the prospect of another surgery is daunting. I'm trying to not think about it much. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, as always. Breast cancer is like that.

I may ask Dr. Kronowitz to help me get some physical therapy for my left shoulder, back, arm and chest. I've been working hard, trying to rehab with yoga. It's definitely working, but it's slow going. I was thinking that formal physical therapy might help me move along a little faster toward regaining strength and range of motion.

Yoga. I can feel scar tissue being stretched everywhere when I practice. I've also been continuing to work on my lymphatic system.

I'm certain that someday I'll be able to just live, as opposed to working on healing all the time.