Monday, September 12, 2005

More Tests

This will be the last blog for a little while because I'm going out of town (back to the hospital) tomorrow morning and won't return until at least Thursday afternoon. I had made a reservation at my usual hotel, but I discovered this morning that I didn't make one for tomorrow night. Oh, no problem, I thought, all of the evacuees are probably living in quarters that are a little more convenient and a little less pricey, given the long-term nature of their hejira. Wrong. Wrong in a big way. I tried to add a day to my existing reservation, but they were booked up. I called my mother and gave her some numbers to call of hotels close to the hospital and I went online to see if I could track something down. I found another hotel, same chain as my usual, but it was downtown and extremely expensive. Then I found a hotel they chose to describe as "high rise." It was very close to the medical center, but it could definitely be iffy accomodations and the most important thing to me is to be as comfortable as humanly possible. My mom found one that's pretty close, we think. I ended up cancelling all reservations for tomorrow except for the one my mom made. I don't know how I managed to get myself so confused about the dates of my medical tests, although I think it likely has something to do with the fact that I don't want to go.

That's been the almost incessant litany this weekend. I do not want to go do this. That kind of inner chatter just annoys the hell out of me. I used to do it all the time about working out. I'd start at around 3 p.m., with my regular workout time scheduled for around 7 p.m.: "I don't want to work out." "You have to." "Yeah, but I'm tired and I just don't see why I shouldn't take a break." "You have to work out." Finally, of course, I would just do it. I finally managed to find a way to break out of that stupid incessant arguing with myself, but I haven't been able to transfer it to the breast cancer scenario. My current response to not wanting to go is, "It'll be okay. I'll get it over with and everything will be okay." Oh yeah. That's really helpful. About twenty minutes later, I get to start the argument all over again.

Hubby's performance is imploding because of his co-author's atrocious behavior. He's managed to get fired from the production, which is so impressive, really. How does the co-author get fired? Now he wants to renegotiate rights to archival materials, script, et., etc. The performance is this coming weekend. My husband seems to be dealing with all of this relatively well. I know he's already stressed out about my breast cancer tests, so I'm sure this magnifies it exponentially.

That's all there is today because that's all the time I have.